Post Title: Conveyancing Paralegal
Service Area: Residential Property
Team: Residential Property Department
Employer: AMT Lawyers
Salary: £15,000 - £18,000 depending on experience
Post Reports to: Head of Residential Property and Partner
Post Responsible for: Conveyancing Paralegal within the Residential Property Department responsible for managing a caseload
At AMT Lawyers we pride ourselves on delivering a first-class service that places the client at the heart of everything we do. We are always looking for exceptional people to join our team and help to grow our Conveyancing Department further in size and strength.
We are now offering Graduates (with or without completing the LPC) to join our team as a Conveyancing Paralegal. We prefer candidates with at least 6 months experience however candidates without experience who are driven and committed will also be considered. The candidate will assist a Conveyancing Solicitor helping with a caseload from instruction through to completion. This will include sales, purchases, transfers and re-mortgages. At AMT Lawyers comprehensive training is given by our experienced Solicitors so the candidate is able to help with the case work mentioned above. Once the candidate has received a high level of training and has also gained sufficient experience, we will expect the individual to deal with a high volume of matters with minimal supervision.
We pride ourselves on the quality of service we provide our clients and therefore merely completing the work is not enough. We will expect the candidate to maintain excellent standards of work, achieve set targets and adhere to client service level agreements. Experience in using a case management system is desirable however training to utilise this tool will be given.
This vacancy requires an individual with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and to work as part of a close-knit team. A demonstrable enthusiasm and drive for property law is a must, as well as the ability to build relationships with clients. The successful applicant will join a team of committed and experienced lawyers working in a friendly and professional environment.
You will report to the Conveyancing Department Team Leader who will review your performance each month on a one-to-one basis. This provides a real opportunity to monitor and enhance your personal development and also to organise your case load. For the right individual, this is also an opportunity to ask for more responsibility taking on more challenging roles in order for you to maximise your potential and to also gain some vital experience.
A competitive salary and excellent benefits package will be provided to candidates of the right caliber.
1. Problem Solving/Creativity/maintaining standards
· Respond to issues requiring a good understanding of work-area policies and procedures.
· Resolves complex problems in a thorough and timely manner; use discretion and know who to go to in order to resolve issues and complete tasks.
· Take a moderate level of accountability in the delivery of services offered by AMT Lawyers.
· Analyse and interpret a variety of situations and determine the most appropriate course of action.
· Use appropriate tools available to undertake the task as efficiently as possible
· Use relevant information from various sources to solve problems that impact own work area
· Update manuals/procedures and provide training to paralegals where appropriate
· Prioritise work, taking into account own work area and needs of other work areas
· Work as part of a team understanding and focusing on how the role supports the team’s and department’s priorities
· Work with colleagues to co-ordinate, develop, improve and work to Lexcel standards.
2. Responsibility and accountability
• Responsible for the receipt and acknowledgment of queries with appropriate tracking and response
• Responsible for prioritising work
• Responsible for supporting others.
• Interpret and communicate established processes and procedures to a range of audiences
• Convey information/advice to others that can be complex in nature and oversee implementation of any action
• Share information, verbally and in writing, in a clear and concise manner.
• Tailor communication to different audiences and clients.
4. Decision Making
• Obtain necessary level of information to inform decision making guided by general instructions and practices requiring interpretation.
• Articulate when necessary how decisions have been reached
• Provide advice and feedback to support other’s decision making
• Automatically make decisions on routine issues
• Follow departmental procedures.
• Exercise confidentiality in relation to personal and sensitive information based on AMT Lawyers policy and procedures.
5. Knowledge & Skill
• Detailed knowledge and understanding of own work area and how it impacts wider operations within AMT Lawyers.
• Ability to use the appropriate system in place applicable in the service area with specific support and training
• Keep up to date with issues relating to the work of the team and department
• Proactively research information from a range of different sources, internally and externally to help inform own knowledge to benefit the work of the team.
• Develop expertise in a range of areas and practice within the firm.
• Personal Health and Safety in the workplace
6. Risk management
• Understands the risks associated with the nature of the service you are supporting and identifies areas of concern, taking any initial remedial action and raising these appropriately with the head of department and partner.
7. Innovation and Flexibility
• Ability to transfer skills to a range of service areas with specific support and knowledge available.
• Ability to pick up variance in approaches within specific support and knowledge provided.
• Ability to consider better ways of delivering support, communicating this as a proposed change